Viral Hepatitis Mentoring Program
This program has been developed in response to feedback from GPs and specialists linked with the Viral Hepatitis Community Prescriber Programs.
What is it?
A professional relationship in which an experienced viral hepatitis clinician and a GP working with patients with viral hepatitis share knowledge, answer questions and offer clinical advice and support.
Why do it?
- Strengthen collaboration between tertiary and primary care
- Enhance and support patient-centered continuity of care
- Further develop skills in communication, giving feedback and sharing best practice
- Pass on personal knowledge, insight and experience
- Stay in touch with emerging issues in viral hepatitis
- Gain access to one-on-one support
- Be involved in the development of a community of practice based on mutual support and respect
- Make use of a framework for discussing complex cases